8/12/2004

Sunday, August 08, 2004 - Day of Rest

I woke up at noon when Joel asked what I was doing today. We then found out what everyone else was doing. Some were going to the Walkers to the beach in Rafini at 3:00pm. Joel and I walked to the bakery down the street across from the bus station. I asked if the girl knew English. She said a little with her unbalanced hand. We asked what were inside the croissant-looking items. She said cheese. We both bought one for a Euro. It was a tyropita (filo bread with feta inside). We met Phil brooks on the way back and told him what to get. We ate at the seminary in the cafeteria. Joel went to Rafina and I journaled about our day at Hydra. After that I hung around and talked and finally went to McDonald’s with four other people. We got on a bus about 8:00 and made it back around 10:30pm. We saw one the way to the one we stopped at. I didn’t particularly want the food, but I didn’t want to venture off alone. It pretty much was the same except you could taste some olive on the fries and the sandwich. Sam told me that a big group is headed to the CBC on Tuesday at 7:00am to be there by 9:00am. I wonder if I could beat them and pick my shift first or something like that. Joel and I then sat around and made plans for tomorrow. We wanted to go one place Eleusis and stop by a monastery on the way both were closed on Mondays though we read. The other choice was Cape Sounion with the Temple of Poseidon overlooking the see from a 65m cliff. It’s really not that interesting to go one and half hours to see, but we didn’t see anything closer that we wanted. We also hope that it will be a scenic bus ride since it will be along the coast. We’ll see.

~ Stephen

site: http://www.smjdesign.com/
writing: http://www.tpkpoetry.com/
photography:
http://www.smjdesign.com/photo/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home