8/29/2004

Sunday, Augest 29, 2004 - Olympic Spirit - En Memorial

There's nothing that says Olympic spirit like grown, hairy men swimming around in a pool with only speedos on kissing each other.

It's closing ceremony night. People are saying goodbye or "See you in Toronto." Some Asburians are striking (tearing down stuff), but time is more value than money right now. We just got done having our own highlight show. We did impressions of all the staff here in the record room: the uptight ones, the relaxed ones, the bombastic ones, and the quiet ones.

I keep wondering how this trip has changed me. I'm not sure. This being my first foreign flight has made a more aware of the world. The thought of being around people that don't speak your language is humbling or at least aren't fluent in it, but I'll still probably never learn a language unless I move to another country. Makes me wonder when I'll travel again, too. I've learned that other countries' broadcasting is just as one-dimentinial as it is in the States. I've become more appreciative of my car due to public transportation. I've realized that my backyard (Kentucky) isn't that less beautiful than the Greek Islands. It's just greener. :-)


~ Stephen

site: http://www.smjdesign.com/
writing: http://www.tpkpoetry.com/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home