8/22/2004

Sunday, Augest 22, 2004 - Logging a Marathon is not marathon logging

I just saw the women's marathon run past the Pikermi bus stop where we wait daily on our way to work. About two blocks from the arial shot at timecode 19:17:00 on CBC 2004 Summer Olympic games tape GRE90582 is where we have been living for the past 20 days--make that sleeping. The last runner came in about an hour after the first runner. The Japanese got their 3 people in the the top 15. A USA women came in third which was unexpected. The favorite and world record holding British women hacked and coughed and sat down about 3/4 of the way through the marathon. I have to say the audio for the shot was better than I expected it would be. Doesn't that sound rather insensitive?

I mailed some more postcards today. The lady gave me three stamps instead of one which forced me to cover up some of my words on one of the cards. It was annoying, but that meant it had more one-time only Olympic stamps on it. I wonder how many of my postcards will actually make it to America.

Other highlights of tonight were Sam hitting me with her nails when USA completed an attempt in track and field. I was the innocent bystander standing behind her talking to my boss about the marathon I logged. Another highlight is that I didn't have to come in until 5:00pm. Our bus route was cancelled for four hours this evening due to the marathon, so I came in early. Joel and I ate at the Olympic McDonald's. It wasn't anything special. It was fast, but they have twice as many workers and half as many items, so it makes sense that it would be faster.

~ Stephen

site: http://www.smjdesign.com/
writing:
http://www.tpkpoetry.com/
photography:
http://www.smjdesign.com/photo/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home