8/18/2004

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Sometimes I think I'm the only guy that doesn't like to watch Women's beach volleyball. My guess is because it's popular, not because of the danger of objectification. I've gotten over the cheerleaders. You can just ignore them like music video girls. I think it's the whole party culture--that and the look people give me when I tell them I despise beach volleyball. The fans look like they are drunk. It's kind of sad that I get sad when other people get excited especially over sports. I mean there are people here who stand outside my place of work and want to trade pins with people and that's the main reason they are here in Athens. I actually did get a free pin today. GRE, I mean a Greece station was giving them out. So I have one other besides he five CBC pins that I came with. I actually told the two people I was with that I didn't want to pin, because that would mean that I was trading pins, but I gave in and walked up and got a free pin anyway. It just makes me so mad when other people get excited. One guy got really excited the first night of his work when he came back with a pin. When I get excited I am always worried about other people that are sad and I don't want them to feel left out, so I try not to get excited because I don't want people feeling left out. Anyway that was a long rant on hedonistic tendencies. Well, swimming is over for tonight, so I am going to have to go find something else to do. I guess people should get excited when they win, but I observed that the female on the USA swimming time are very smiley and giggly- more so than other countries at least.

Maybe I'll talk about table tennis some more, some other time. It's funny. I actually have gotten a little worked up while watching ping pong today. Last night, one of my fellow Asburians was making fun of it and said it shouldn't be an Olympic sport. Maybe I should just move to China. :-)

~ Stephen

site: http://www.smjdesign.com/
writing: http://www.tpkpoetry.com/
photography:
http://www.smjdesign.com/photo/


1 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

Dude, Vollyball rocks. Now that I've got a working TV here at work, I look forward to watching some live Beach Vollyball here in a couple hours. And don't worry about any objectification, it's US Men vs. Brazil.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home