8/14/2004

Saturday, August 14, 2004 - First day of full day of sports

It’s kinda funny. The girl beside me has been shoplisting for the past 13 hours. She probably got some breaks, but I don’t think there were many. It’s like you got to keep reminding the people above you that you don’t have anything to do. So they say you will get something, but you don’t for a half hour. Am I supposed to annoy them until I get something to do? There are so many technical problems with this being the first days at some venues that my supervisors have their hands to full to worry about me.

When I got in I asked 3 people for something to do before I got something. I copied verbatim an ENG log of beauty shots of the Acropolis from the field. After that I bought some ice cream and then started logging swimming. There was a fair amount of emotion especially in the women. I saw three world records and one Olympic record broken.

It’s like everyone over me is getting chewed out. I guess it’s because I don’t know what’s going on.

I also gave a small apple croissant pie thing to a complete stranger in records. She seemed very grateful and wondered why I was giving it to her. She introduced herself. I can’t really remember whether I said my name.

And if I see one more single butt shot of a female beach volleyball player and her fingers informing the other of type of serve, I’m going to be very annoyed. Oh there is! I mean you can see the butt crack and all. Then there are the goofy cheerleaders that are around the game and during breaks they cheer. Olympic cheerleaders, oh please! Are the athletic figures of the actual female volleyball players not good enough for the male audience members to leer at that we need cheerleaders?!


~ Stephen

site: http://www.smjdesign.com/
writing: http://www.tpkpoetry.com/
photography:
http://www.smjdesign.com/photo/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home