8/15/2004

Sunday Augest 15, 2004

I made a great breakthough today. The silly InfoCenter machines outside that we are suppose to use for printing out names of athletes was so slow today, so I got the idea to check the internet to see the list of athletes and it is the same information. I know copy and paste names over from teh website which not only is faster but increases accuracy. It's helps me so much I am know writing this entry while I am logginf the night session swimming. So far it's been some Aussies, one American, and I think the other was from NED (Netherlands).

We are getting a meal now which is nice. It's the stuff here in the building you can get. So it's nice but I'm two days in and it's getting old. We got a block of feta (by it's self!). Like I'm going to eat that. Maybe if it was cheddar. Which I found out is actually called Irish cheese over here.

I sent off the news section of the Asbury MediaComm website tonight when I got in. I sent a link this time to Jonathan, since the last time I sent it the Asbury mail server deleted it because it was a .zip file. Then, when I lost all that 4GB worth of files I lost the 5 hours of work I put into the news page. I needed to change it from the CSS absolute positioning that Jonathan Falk had designed the page in. People should avoid absolute positioning if all possible. It may look nice, but it's harder to update. It's kind of like having an absolute point size for your font, so people can't make it bigger. What are we artists here or designers?!



~ Stephen

site: http://www.smjdesign.com/
writing: http://www.tpkpoetry.com/
photography:
http://www.smjdesign.com/photo/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home