8/19/2004

Thursday, August 19, 2004 - Looking at "ugly" people?

Sometimes I think I am the only person that enjoys looking at ugly people. I am currently logging female weightlifting and table tennis. I am annoyed at all the jokes like “so you figured out whether these are men or women?” and you can read my rant about table tennis in the former “daily” posting. Like all females are supposed to be feminine or something?! I recently got an email asking if I had gone to a swimming event. I haven’t, but some of my friends have one or two of them. They got the tickets for free somehow. They were given them. They were over $100 tickets, I believe. They were very excited. I am very irked. Not because I wanted to go, but because everyone wants to go to swimming. My heart just goes out to the one Cameroon fan in the stands at the Women's 69kg Weightlifting.

Listening to the anthems is one of my favorite parts of the Olympics. It’s good instrumental music. I just don’t care much for the ones that sound like patriotic marches though. I just noticed today when they accidentally showed some of the workers that raise and lower the flags. They are very formal which makes sense, because they are handling flags, but they never show the workers that are most likely volunteers. Seems like everyone outside the media here is working for free.

I apologize for those reading this log that want to know what we are doing in Athens instead of what I am thinking about what we are doing in Athens. My priorities aren't in that order. The only thing better than the act is thinking about the act. :-)

I do need to write on the tennis matches I attended and the magazine quality photo that I took. The problem is that it is of someone no one has ever heard of and she lost the match

~ Stephen

site: http://www.smjdesign.com/
writing: http://www.tpkpoetry.com/
photography: http://www.smjdesign.com/photo/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home