8/26/2004

Thurday Augest 26, 2004 - Direlect of duty to write

Today I got lost halfway to Corinth in the middle of an industrial town with refineries trying to find a monastery that when we found it after three hours it was closed. :-) Anyway, if you know me well, I didn't mind. We got to hear some more Greeks argue with each other about bus tickets. We also ran into a guy from an Atlanta Baptist that was there to do street ministry. Yesterday in a nut shell was an art museum and running around by myself eating and a little shopping, since I didn't have to be in till 6:00pm. I saw some El Greco and some busts of Handrian (no, not really, today I actually didn't see any busts of Hadrian--it felt kinda strange :-)

Today, I saw a 10-year-old gesturing the sign of the cross on a street corner for money, an agruement over bus tickets that were a few hours over validity, a plum and raison crossiant, people swimming with oil tankers as a backdrop, and about 10 elderly people all gesture the sign of the cross simutaneously as we road the bus passed a church.

Yesterday was my alone day. I missed the bus by 30 seconds and waiting for the next one. I went to the art museum on my own and ate dinner by myself. It meant that I could watch a Greek family buy the "variety for 6" meal and share all the meat and sauces. I wrote a few postcards, too. I bought some souveniors in Plaka. I wanted to buy another poster. It was for the movie, Magnolia, expect the title was in Greek. I liked the small one, but I didn't want the big one, because I'm not a big ad promoting person.

~ Stephen

site: http://www.smjdesign.com/
writing: http://www.tpkpoetry.com/
photography:
http://www.smjdesign.com/photo/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home